Free & Reduced Price Meals
Children need healthy meals to learn. Snyder ISDoffers healthy meals every school day. Breakfast costs $1.40 for High School – students Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade are free; lunch costs$2.20 for Primary and Intermediate, and $2.35 for Junior High and High School. Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced-price meals. Reduced-price is$.30 for High School – students Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade are freefor breakfast and $.40for lunch. If you received a notification letter that a child is directly certified for free or reduced-price meals, do not complete an application. Let the school know if any children in the household attending school are not listed in the letter.
The questions and answers that follow and attached directions provide additional information on how to complete the application. Complete only one application for all the students in the household and return the completed application to Food Service, 325-574-8620, 2901 37th St, Snyder, Texas 79549. If you have questions about applying for free or reduced-price meals, contact Food Service Director, 325-574-8620 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Get Free Meals?
- Income—Children can get free or reduced-price meals if a household’s gross income is within the limits described in the Federal Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- Special Assistance Program Participants—Children in households receiving benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Food Distribution Program for Households on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), are eligible for free meals.
- Foster—Foster children who are under the legal responsibility of a foster care agency or court are eligible for free meals.
- Head Start or Early Head Start—Children participating in these programs are eligible for free meals.
- Homeless, Runaway, and Migrant—Children who meet the definition of homeless, runaway, or migrant qualify for free meals. If you haven’t been told about a child’s status as homeless, runaway, or migrant or you feel a child may qualify for one of these programs, please call or email Kathy Scott: email@example.com or 325-574-8900.
- WIC Recipient—Children in households participating in WIC may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
- What If I Disagree with the School’s Decision About My Application? Talk to school officials. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing toClay Cade: 2901-37th, Snyder, TX 79549 or 325-574-8900.
- My Child’s Application Was Approved Last Year. Do I Need to Fill Out A New One? Yes. An application is only good for that school year and for the first few days of this school year. Send in a new application unless the school has told you that your child is eligible for the new school year.
- If I Don’t Qualify Now, May I Apply Later? Yes. Apply at any time during the school year. A child with a parent or guardian who becomes unemployed may become eligible for free and reduced-price meals if the household income drops below the income limit.
- What If My Income Is Not Always the Same? List the amount normally received. If a household member lost a job or had hours/wages reduced, use current income
- We Are in The Military. Do We Report Our Income Differently? Basic pay and cash bonuses must be reported as income. Any cash value allowances for off-base housing, food, or clothing, or Family Subsistence Supplemental Allowance payments count as income. If housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include the housing allowance as income. Any additional combat pay resulting from deployment is excluded from income.
- May I Apply If Someone in My Household Is Not a U.S. Citizen? Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply for free or reduced-price meals.
- Will Application Information Be Checked?Yes. We may also ask you to send written proof of the reported household income.
- My Family Needs More Help. Are There Other Programs We Might Apply For? To find out how to apply for other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or 2-1-1.
If you have other questions or need help, call Food Service Director 325-574-8620.
si necesita ayuda, por favor llame al teléfono: 325-574-8620.
Food Service Director